Wednesday 23 June 2021

"Altered Bucket" by Leanne Smith

Hi everyone, here is my second project for iCraft Australia. I wanted to create something using the wonderful decoupage papers from iCraft. I decided to alter this little bucket that I have had sitting on my desk for a couple of years now. It has been home to paint brushes and other bits and bobs.


 To start with I applied two coats of iCraft heavy gesso white. To match the colour in the flowers of the decoupage paper, I mixed together roman purple and radical raspberry iCraft chalk paints until I achieved my desired colour. I applied two coats of this colour over the top of the gesso, drying each layer in between. Using the chalk paint spearmint with a paint dabber I next applied one coat of this  over the top. Once it was all dry, I then set about with a cotton pad dipped in water and rubbed areas off exposing the colour underneath. 
Next using the decoupage glue I applied my paper. I dry dabbed with the spearmint paint around the edges of the paper. This was done to help soften the edges and blend in more. To finish off I applied a good coat of decoupage varnish over the paper.


 
I hope this inspires you to create something wonderful and have a play with decoupage papers.

Until next time, happy scrapping.

Hugs Leanne x



All the products used are listed below.


Roman Purple
Radical Raspberry

Spearmint

Decoupage Papers 3027

Decoupage glue

Decoupage Varnish


No comments:

Post a Comment

 "Life is Beautiful" by Leanne Smith Hi everyone, here is a layout I have created using the wonderful iCraft papers. I have used a...