Sunday 22 July 2018

Hermie

Hello and welcome, today I am up on my blog to present to you a LO I have created to enter in this month's more than words challenge. http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com/



When I saw this challenge with the word BEACH and SEASHELLS, I straight away thought of a trip to the beach my children and myself had when they were much younger. I am always inspired by the beach as it is my happy place. I just love the beach and many hours have been spent on long walks collecting shells and running along the sea shore getting our feet and clothes wet. On this particular day it was too cold to swim so we were paddling in the water when we came across a beautiful shell that to our surprise had a little hermit crab inside. The children and myself just fell in love with this little fella, so we named him Hermie.  He was the most sociable little guy and did he put on a show for us.
We spent what seemed like hours just watching him and loving him. To our surprise we came across several more but they were not our Hermie. After much disappointment and whining from my kids as you can guess they wanted to keep him. We finally put him back into the ocean where he belonged but not before I took copious amounts of pictures of him. So when I saw that the creative challenge was to add SEASHELLS to our design I thought of Hermie with his beautiful shell, the fun we had and beautiful memories we made with him.




For this project I have used a variety of gorgeous 49 and market flowers. I have used sea shells and other bits that I have collected on many beach walks. The little star fishes were from my stash that were given to me by a friend. For my back ground I did some stenciling using a kaisercraft stencil called birch with some granite paste cecilia gold. I also used Lindy's magical shaker in Frozen jack frost and some paper texture paste around my photo and where my flowers would go. To finish off I added art stones medium and mini and Stampendous fragments chiffon and powder blue.








Until next time, happy scrapping.
Hugs Leanne x

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning photo and layout! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! It encompasses are mood board perfectly! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow This is stunning. Love what you created and adore the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is stunning !! Love your design !! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete

 "Life is Beautiful" by Leanne Smith Hi everyone, here is a layout I have created using the wonderful iCraft papers. I have used a...