Wednesday 25 July 2018

Let it Snow

Hi everyone, I'm back with my second LO that I have done for this months Dust Attic challenge. As I said in my last post I just couldn't decide which one to enter so I have entered both. As soon as I saw the mood board both ideas came to me. It is so cold down here where I live in Tasmania. The mountains are covered in snow and the days are grey and bleak that I wanted to do a Winter LO.  As much as I don't like winter, I do find that it is very pretty. So to refresh everyone's memory here is the mood board for July.




The photo I have chosen to use is of my eldest son and his son Tylar when he was a baby. Geez cannot believe he will be six in a weeks time.  It is taken on top of a mountain near where we I live.



For this project I have used Maja design papers. For the background I did some stenciling using a snowflake stencil with translucent paste. I then went over the snowflakes using nuvo glitter drops white blizzard. The pine sprigs chippies were painted using acrylic paint forrest. For the snowman's body I used prima paper texture paste sprinkled with sparkling dust. The rest of the snowman was painted using acrylic paints. The icicle chippies were gessoed then painted using heavenly white H2o with  snowflake paste and glass glitter. The bird house  was dressed with crackle accents and inklingz chocolate and diamonds, liquid pearls were used for the little bird. The beautiful 49 and market flower centres were altered using pearls and prills ice queen.








Dusty Attic products used:
Mini birds #3

Bird houses
Creative layers
Icicles
Mini icicles
Pine sprigs
Forrest acrylic paint


Until next time, happy scrapping.
Hugs Leanne x

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout. Thank you for joining us in the Dusty Attic challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Leanne. Those chippies are dressed beautifully!! Love Mr Snowman he is amazing !!! x

    ReplyDelete

 "Life is Beautiful" by Leanne Smith Hi everyone, here is a layout I have created using the wonderful iCraft papers. I have used a...